Law Review Articles
- Policing Criminal Justice Data, Minnesota L. Rev. (with Wayne Logan) (forthcoming 2017).
- The “Smart” Fourth Amendment, Cornell L. Rev. (forthcoming 2017).
- Policing Predictive Policing, Wash. U. L. Rev. (forthcoming 2017).
- The Internet of Things and the Fourth Amendment of Effects, 104 Cal. L. Rev. xx (2016).
- The Big Data Jury, 91 Notre Dame L. Rev. 935 (2016).
- Big Data and Predictive Reasonable Suspicion, 163 U. Pa. L. Rev. 327 (2015).
- Defending Data, 88 S. Cal. L. Rev. 101 (2015) (with Pamela Metzger).
- Trial By Google: Judicial Notice in the Information Age, 108 Nw. U.L. Rev. 1137 (2014) (with Jeffrey Bellin).
- Personal Curtilage: Fourth Amendment Security in Public, 55 Wm. & Mary L. Rev. 1283 (2014).
- The Jury As Constitutional Identity, 47 U.C. Davis L. Rev. 1105 (2014).
- Constitutional Culpability: Questioning the New Exclusionary Rules, 66 Fla. L. Rev. 623 (2014).
- Jury Instructions As Constitutional Education, 84 U. Colo. L. Rev. 233 (2013).
- Predictive Policing and Reasonable Suspicion, 62 Emory L. J. 259 (2012).
- The Dialogue Approach to Miranda Warnings and Waiver, 49 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 1437 (2012).
- Crime Mapping and the Fourth Amendment: Redrawing High Crime Areas, 63 Hastings L. J. 101 (2011).
- The High Crime Area Question: Requiring Verifiable and Quantifiable Evidence For Fourth Amendment Reasonable Suspicion Analysis, 57 Am. U.L. Rev. 1587 (2008) (co-author with Damien Bernache).
- Continuing Seizure: Fourth Amendment Seizure in Section 1983 Malicious Prosecution Cases, CIVIL RIGHTS LITIGATION AND ATTORNEY FEES ANNUAL HANDBOOK, National Lawyers Guild Civil Liberties Committee, (ed. Steven Saltzman) (West 1999).
Symposium Essays and Shorter Articles
- Predictive Prosecution, (Wake Forest Law Review, forthcoming 2016) (symposium essay).
- LAW-n Signs: A Fourth Amendment for Constitutional Curmudgeons, (with Stephen Henderson) (Ohio St. J. Crim. L., forthcoming 2016).
- Big Data Distortions: Exploring the Limits of the ABA LEATPR Standards, 66 Okla. L. Rev. 831 (2014) (invited symposium essay).
- Why Jury Duty Matters: A Citizen’s Guide to Constitutional Action (NYU Press).
- Youth Justice in America (CQ Press 2005, 2nd edition 2014) (co-author with Jamin Raskin & Maryam Ahranjani).
- Chapter: Big Data Surveillance: The Convergence of Big Data and Law Enforcement in Cambridge Handbook of Surveillance Law(forthcoming 2017).